Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spotmatic SP IIa
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Spotmatic SP IIa Reply with quote

Virtually identical to the Spotmatic II but with the addition of an Automatic Flash sensor for the Honeywell 772 and 882 Auto Strobonar series of Strobe flashes.
Here it is pictured as I received it dust dirt and all. Very little paint missing and no dents that I can find. Bought for $14.00 US plus shipping cost.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230735483217?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Everything works and the light seals seem to be in good condition. Needs film run through it to be sure and a good cleaning.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: WTG Reply with quote

What a great deal! Congratulations. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Cool

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice and a great price.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great deal on a nice camera

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find BD! Rare too. Gerjan estimates there were only 22,000 Spotmatic IIa made, compared to nearly half a million Spotmatic II.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Nice find BD! Rare too. Gerjan estimates there were only 22,000 Spotmatic IIa made, compared to nearly half a million Spotmatic II.

Thanks everyone.

Yes it is rarer as it was only produced for the US market. I did find a small dent in the prism cover and a few spots of trim paint missing. Other than that it is pristine.

Now to get an 882 or 772 Strobonar flash to make the kit complete. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great find. My favourite all-manual camera.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to think they sold this as a parts camera... Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
And to think they sold this as a parts camera... Shocked

So many inexperienced people buy them at estate sales and then sell them as parts cameras. They would rather sell them this way than take a chance on bad feed back.