Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Speed Graphic 2x3 in mint condition - very rare in EU
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Speed Graphic 2x3 in mint condition - very rare in EU Reply with quote

I bought this a few months ago and have decided it's just not for me. I paid 115ukp plus 35ukp customs fees to get it here and another 25 ukp for four original double sided film holders for it too, so I'm just looking to recoup my investment.

175ukp plus postage costs and paypal fees.

Everything works perfectly, this is essentially an as-new Speed Graphic 2x3, takes 6x9cm cut film which is available on ebay cheap, there is a US seller that has Efke in 25, 50 and 100 speeds for about 30ukp a box of 100 sheets.

It has a coated Optar 101mm f4.5 lens, an excellent Tessar type. It can take all kinds of other lenses as it uses interchangeable lens boards. It also has a focal plane shutter so you can use all manner of wierd and wonderful lenses without shutters on it.

You simply won't find many of these outside the US and it is very rare to find one anywhere in this condition.

Last edited by iangreenhalgh1 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A beauty!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
A beauty!

She is indeed. If I were a richer person I'd keep it just to have as an ornament in the house.

This is one of the Efke films available in the right size:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Efke-PL100-6-5-x-9-B-W-Sheet-Film-2-x-3-Mamiya-Press-Voigtlander-Avus-Linhof-/150952198096?pt=US_Camera_Film&hash=item232573bfd0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Attila wrote:
A beauty!

She is indeed. If I were a richer person I'd keep it just to have as an ornament in the house.

This is one of the Efke films available in the right size:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Efke-PL100-6-5-x-9-B-W-Sheet-Film-2-x-3-Mamiya-Press-Voigtlander-Avus-Linhof-/150952198096?pt=US_Camera_Film&hash=item232573bfd0

You can also, of course, get a roll film back and shoot anything from 6x6 to 6x9. Also, it would be pretty easy to cut your own 2x3 film from a roll of 120 (I've tried it, works flawlessly.