Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony nex 5n + lens booster + contax distagon 35mm 1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Sony nex 5n + lens booster + contax distagon 35mm 1.4 Reply with quote

Hello and happy new year everybody.
I follow you since many months and that's my first thread. ( sorry for the english mistakes in advance ).

I tried on my sony nex 5n a lens booster EOS (chinese one) + EOS to C/Y adapter + CZ distagon 35mm 1.4.
i notice after the shoots that the left side of the picture is very blurred compared to the right side, not from the lens but from the lens booster and/or adapter...

This is some pictures with this combo, very few at f1.4 because sharpness is better at f2 and difference in light between F1.4 and F2 is very little i find.
( pictures DSC08209 and DSC08206 at f1.4, landscape around f5.6/8 and all others around f2/f2.8 )
somepictures are post processed in DXO for brightess, few contrast or color rendition.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/114394093@N05/

Best regards
Alain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the images. Looks like a wonderful lens, and one that I hope to get one day. If you ever get the chance, try a Metabones Speedbooster. A good deal better than the cheaper clones.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, i got many many other pictures. I will add them soon and create other topic.

Metabones is too expensive ( more than i pay my 35mm 1.4) but if i will get the chance i will try it for sur Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! 9379 and 8442 are just WOW!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting.

Do you have a picture of the NEX and Distagon attached?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nex + distagon 35mm 1.4 , the lens booster adapter is shorter than the C/Y adatpter
(sorry phone quality)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a cool kit.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebbm wrote:
Thanks, i got many many other pictures. I will add them soon and create other topic.

Metabones is too expensive ( more than i pay my 35mm 1.4) but if i will get the chance i will try it for sur Smile

Your 35/1.4 seems very cheap Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, i'm a bargain tracker Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

f1.2 wrote:
thebbm wrote:

Your 35/1.4 seems very cheap Very Happy

The Metabones C/Y-NEX Speed Booster is USD 400. You got the Contax 35/1.4 for less than that!

Last year I bought an "UG" Contax 35/1.4 MMJ from KEH for $450 or so, but it turned out to be excellent and not UGly at all. But under $400 is amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aly324 wrote:

The Metabones C/Y-NEX Speed Booster is USD 400. You got the Contax 35/1.4 for less than that!

Last year I bought an "UG" Contax 35/1.4 MMJ from KEH for $450 or so, but it turned out to be excellent and not UGly at all. But under $400 is amazing.

and I tought I got a amazing deal for my copy with just under 500 Euro.. Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact the copy i buy was i 3 pieces, the seller tell me that it disassemble when he use it... i buy it for 150euros shipping inclued

I pay 130 for reassembly + cleaning the focus mecanisme and now it work good ( i'm always afraid to re-disassemble ).

best regards Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened to the focusing ring?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that the grease become old and make the focus ring become harder and harder.

in fact i take it 2 times to the repair shop:
- first time to reassemble only ( i didnt know why they dont change the grease in the way.... ), i use it few months and the focus become hard, and one days i can push the front lens without turning the focus.
- i take a second time to repair shop and they fixed it.

(the position of the small ring (2) on the picture is wrong).
it seems that a small ring (2) is screwed to (1), and this ring hold the front lens by tightening in (3)
so if the focus is hard the tightening are not enough strong to hold the front part.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... now thats a deal! Shocked