Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some pictures from my Carl Zeiss Planar 85/1.4 C/Y
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Some pictures from my Carl Zeiss Planar 85/1.4 C/Y Reply with quote

Hi guys!

I want to share some photos with my lovely model Marianna. Hope you will enjoy photos and lens (Carl Zeiss Planar 85/1.4 C/Y) bokeh.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shoots , pretty lady what else we need ? Smile Keep coming I love them all!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots. Doesn't look much different from other good 85mm like J-9 to me.

With this sort of subject and distance from background, any good lens will show good bokeh at large apertures.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful captures (and model!) congrats!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

With this sort of subject and distance from background, any good lens will show good bokeh at large apertures.

I agree with you. I posted only these shots cause others with more impressive bokeh vere not good (model's pose or model's face expression). But you can recognize it on the first photo. Ii differs from Jupiter-9 (which i like too)

But i thought you will like nice model and lens was not bad (no busy bokeh, no contrast decresase, no flare or smth). Just some girl's shots Smile

Btw Ian i sold all my Jupiter-9 cause they are soft at wide-open. Bokeh was good and it was real Sonnar (!) but this softness and contrast decrease.. I cant accept it.

See my test pic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Nice shoots , pretty lady what else we need ? Smile Keep coming I love them all!

Hehe. Ok, I'll hunt girl models in near future Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice portraits of an attractive young woman.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Smile

The Planar is in a completely different league to the J9, and so it should be given the age gap! The obvious difference is contrast, even when compared to my excellent alu copy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heartcat wrote:
Nice portraits of an attractive young woman.

+1 !

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

To me they look totally different, and I'm not talking about contrast and sharpness. Unless you have some kind of magic Planar type jupiter-9.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
Very nice Smile

The Planar is in a completely different league to the J9, and so it should be given the age gap! The obvious difference is contrast, even when compared to my excellent alu copy.

I still think what is better for a non-commercial work. Sharp and constast lens with visible CA or soft non-contrast lens w/o CA.. Difficult choice.

So J9 is not that bad.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenji wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:
Very nice Smile

I still think what is better for a non-commercial work. Sharp and constast lens with visible CA or soft non-contrast lens w/o CA.. Difficult choice.

So J9 is not that bad.

J9 is not bad at all, but to me I prefer the images from the Planar. I haven't noticed CA issues with this lens.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManualFocus-G wrote:
kenji wrote:
ManualFocus-G wrote:
Very nice Smile

So J9 is not that bad.

J9 is not bad at all, but to me I prefer the images from the Planar. I haven't noticed CA issues with this lens.

CA is a problem sometimes with the Planar at F1.4. If you look carefully at my shot you'll see purple fringes when white meets dark. Please note that this crop is close to the center of an image. More fringes appear at the edges.

But this situation is not a common one. Just for test i made a photo of the building with lots of metal cornices (that reflecting thing at the bottom of every window) at wide-open. I know this issue so if i want a to have a no-CA shot i can close down aperture, use CPL filter and so on.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely, but I use this lens as a portrait lens and therefore don't see the CA issue Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just cut to the chase here, do you have her phone number?

Please... Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:

Please... Twisted Evil

Gary, can you speak the Russian language Laughing ?

Beautiful portraits, I love it Very Happy (and I don't talk about the model of course Rolling Eyes )

Last edited by pich900 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
SonicScot wrote:

Please... Twisted Evil

Gary, can you speak the Russian language Laughing ?

Beatiful portraits, I love it Very Happy (and I don't talk about the model of course Rolling Eyes )

I'm willing to learn Razz Very Happy