Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some more b+w scans [c+c]
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Some more b+w scans [c+c] Reply with quote

The first is a scan from a negative (bad home scan) of a bell tower in a port in Haiti (notice the date in bottom right) shot when I was there Feb of 2002 with a trusty old k1000 and a vivitar 28 2.8 on XP2

the second shot is a photo processing scan of neg from a k1000 w Taumar 135 2.5 (bayonet) on XP2
the fog makes me feel like I am at the entrance of the enchanted forest

the third image is of an old abandoned building taken with a Kowa six on either Ilford HP5 or XP2 scanned fron neg at home

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look good. Did you use a red filter on the 1st pic? The sky looks black.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
They look good. Did you use a red filter on the 1st pic? The sky looks black.

Yes, I suppose that is red filter, too. Very good results. That forest looks amazing. Flare makes problem but didn't effect exceptional atmosphere.
XP2 is really quality film. HP5 didn't tried. Maybe in future.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I did use a red filter on the bell tower, the sky was an incredible blue.

The forest is on the edge of a cemetary or grave yard, the fog made the flare look worse, looking at it now I can tell that I was trying to keep the sun out by pointing the camera down which gave me a bit more foreground than I might have had otherwise.