Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some Elite Chrome
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Some Elite Chrome Reply with quote

I got two rolls developed & scanned at Dwayne's... I'll dribble a few here over the next days.

This one I'm excited about - with the ES-II, S-M-C 50/1.4, long exposure, the sun's light was just starting to peek over the rim of the Earth, and it was damn cold. I had the Bessa 66 also, from which I've shown B&W photos from this same trip.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a lovely shot. ive just ordered 5 rolls of this film to shoot on my newly acquired kodak retina reflex iv--if i can do half as well not having shot film in 10 years i will be very happy!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good film, my daughter got me two rolls for my birthday. It does blues... but isn't bad in other colors.

And it's starting to make a slide film believer out of me Wink

Here's another sample, this time Nikon FE and Soligor T4 105/2.8:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two good shots. i like the colour in the 1st but the sharpness on the 2nd is pretty amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cute dog =)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Two good shots. i like the colour in the 1st but the sharpness on the 2nd is pretty amazing.

+1 Nice ones!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I was lucky with the dog, he was attached to the post and was watching his family sledding.

Two more from the same roll, same Soligor lens

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the first one and the saxophone one best. i think i'll have to wait until tonight to properly view the first one. too much bright sunlight bouncing around my front room right now ...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, superb results! The dog shot is killer, and I like the Selmer tenor
sax shot, too. Typical pro horn where they let the lacquer wear off (it
aids in projection/tonality not to have lacquer).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All are really nice shots, but the first one deserves to be scanned again, with more care. Dwayne's should've tried harder.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the dog shot.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jussi, that first one is....don't have words for it.
That Bessa suits you well... Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

axer wrote:
All are really nice shots, but the first one deserves to be scanned again, with more care. Dwayne's should've tried harder.

Yes, they slipped up and scanned it way too bright, auto exposure and all. I'll get around to scanning it properly myself.

Thank you Rense, I did have my Bessa I with me and posted the b&w shots from the same day months ago... but this was with the Nikon FE, damn miniature format camera Wink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
axer wrote:

Yes, they slipped up and scanned it way too bright, auto exposure and all. I'll get around to scanning it properly myself.

Thank you Rense, I did have my Bessa I with me and posted the b&w shots from the same day months ago... but this was with the Nikon FE, damn miniature format camera Wink
Embarassed Didn't read it carefully enough, I'm afraid....
But still...it suits you! Very Happy