Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some candids from my first paid photo job - C&C very wel
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really think the 18-55 kit lens is impressive in IQ fine, I don't.

Who cares about a little glow around a bright light source, it's inconsequential.

The Lomo 18mm lens I used is from 1961 and it has a lot of scratches, that will be why, single coated and damage to the coatings, but it's strengths far outweight that one weakness.

Last edited by iangreenhalgh1 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian, if you ever consider an AF lens on the Nex it has to be the Sigma 30mm its a splendid lens and outperforms 99% of my manual stuff including the zeiss glass
And also having got the sony 35mm plastic fantastic f1.8 i am also super impressed by that

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good info Eddie, I'm considering an AF lens for the NEX and the 18-55 kit lens doesn't inspire me with confidence in it's IQ, but I'm not shooting things where IQ is everything. The Sigma 30mm does sound tempting but I do tend to think I need a zoom, which pretty much leaves the 18-55 as my only option, unless people can suggest something else.