Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some boats with Kodak BW400CN and a Sonnar 135/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Some boats with Kodak BW400CN and a Sonnar 135/3.5 Reply with quote

CZJ Sonnar 135/3.5 on a SPII, loaded with Kodak BW400CN (shot @ ISO 200)

Boats in Schiedam, Netherlands:

And one shot at home:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last shot has some great shadows

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, you Dutch are seafaring race for sure. What beautiful boats they are, with buxom lines.
I live on a river busy with commerce and recreation, but very, very few boats of aesthetic note.
Speaking of which, I have got to get another boat ...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful work, eeyore_nl! Boats and water are some of my favorite
subject matter. Well done!

#3 is the fave, excellent!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1! I inherited a love of leeboards from my father, he's got a Dutch Botter model ship that's excellent...

good photography

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great film, fantastic lens, nice cam and good photographer. 'nuff said... Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Great film, fantastic lens, nice cam and good photographer. 'nuff said... Wink

Don't hold back, Carsten, I thought you were on a roll...but I do agree. Wink Smile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fish4570 wrote:
Aye, you Dutch are seafaring race for sure. What beautiful boats they are, with buxom lines.
I live on a river busy with commerce and recreation, but very, very few boats of aesthetic note.
Speaking of which, I have got to get another boat ...

Ahhh Paul,

I was thinking the exact same thoughts today when I saw this lovely Cal 20 or so on a trailer . . .

Jules

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sentiments also about the boats. I love the sea/ocean/water in general and watercraft especially.

Beautiful shots, and great detail.

Just curious eeyore -- do you find that overexposing your BW400CN by a stop helps with the quality of the results? And if so, in what way?

I have a few rolls of BW400CN sitting in my freezer and I really need to get out and shoot some of it one of these days.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results shooting it at 200. The grain is tight as I've seen this side of
digital.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

Just curious eeyore -- do you find that overexposing your BW400CN by a stop helps with the quality of the results? And if so, in what way?

I have a few rolls of BW400CN sitting in my freezer and I really need to get out and shoot some of it one of these days.

Overexposing is good for minimizing the amount of grain. However, the negatives become very flat, so a lot of contrast enhancement is needed after scanning. Maybe even more than I did now.

I also tried some shots at iso400 and iso800. That delivers far more grain, but more contrast too. However, contrast can be enhanced, but removing grain is much more difficult.