Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 4.8mm/f1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Soligor 4.8mm/f1.4 Reply with quote

Well to counteract getting a few bargains, I've once again taken a risk on an expensive lens...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141081263846?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

No idea if this will cover the sensor on my camera, but I'm intrigued and looking forward to testing it out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has no focusing Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea what it would be designed for and what distance it would likely be set to focus at? My camera already has a shallow depth of field compared to larger sensors... being unable to focus might not be an issue even at larger apertures...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think focusing is needed as these lens are used on low resolution CCTV camera. Everything will be in focus if it is stopped it down. The longer FL Angenieux 10mm do not have any focus too. This COSMICAR 6mm f/1.2 Click here to see on Ebay do have focus ring from inf to 0.2M. I think a 6mm lens is more than enough on your 2.7x sensor as it is 16mm equivalent in FF ...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have the native 6.7-13mm lens for my system, so I'd love to go substantially wider if playing with a fisheye... I just don't know how well any of these will really resolve, but I suppose I will find out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For 2/3" so we will see what coverage is really like

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the lens today, pictures to follow... definitely doesn't fill a 1" sensor completely and doesn't resolve a ton of detail. f1.4 is still a narrow DOF, even on a small sensor camera with such a wide fisheye... Seems to be optimized for 10 foot and beyond, but that's just an initial impression from one quick round of snaps...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote