Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 300mm f5.5 - 'chrome ears'
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Soligor 300mm f5.5 - 'chrome ears' Reply with quote

"Soligor 300 f5.5" "Manual Focus"

Fallow deer, Attingham Park. by Mudplugga, on Flickr

Fallow deer, Attingham Park by Mudplugga, on Flickr

The first one is a crop, not much, just the width. And very little PP. The second one is as shot except for a touch of brightness.
The light was a lovely late afternoon with showers and bright sun, great clouds and long shadows.

The Soligor is a good lens, I think both of these were shot at f8 and ISO 100, with a Pentax K10 on a tripod.
For £20, I'm loving this lens. These were the two best pictures of the day, and I also shot some with a Pentax DA* 50-135 F2.8, they were good, but these two were better.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful shots and lovely colours and contrast Smile I presume this is the Tokina made lens...I have the older version which is also great.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can tell from the mysterious numbering of Soligors, this is a Sun manufactured lens. ( No. 375860 )

Soligor 300 by Mudplugga, on Flickr
I'll sort some more pictures out, this lens surprises me a lot more than it disappoints me.