Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 135mm with a t4 adapter...what mount is this?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Soligor 135mm with a t4 adapter...what mount is this? Reply with quote

Also, should that little tab be bent? Is it worth buying for $25?

Thank you in advance,
Nino

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe thats a later Miranda mount.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking at them. All the ones I see have a pin instead of a flat blade like the in the pic. Sad

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't have to be a pin to work.

The identifying feature of this mount is the breechlock flanges that are at the exact edge of the mount.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW,

This is a very common lens, and on US ebay at any rate its not worth $25, certainly not in T4 Miranda mount.
If it was T4 M42, maybe, for the sake of the mount.

You can easily buy the same Tokina-made lens in M42 fixed mount, under several brands, for $10

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any markings on the T4 adapter? Usually a two-letter "code" that identifies mount type.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Luis. I guess I'm going to pass on it then. It isn't worth spending the money on the lens and adapter for an okay lens. I'll look around for something better.

Visualopsins,
I don't remember seeing a code on it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a good lens, but as Luis says, not worth much.

There are lots of good cheap 135s, I regularly see ones like the Olympus OM 3.5/135 and Canon FD 3.5/135 go for 7-10ukp.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Canon 135 3.5, but it's stuck wide open. I just found out that my Soligor 75-250 is also stuck open.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Canon will be due to oil on the blades, it's common with FD lenses, sadly. Not sure if it's an easy lens to open to get at the blades or not. The Soligor, being a zoom, will be more complex, it would probably cheaper in both cases to replace them with other lenses than pay a repairman to sort the apertures out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's what I've been reading. I was able to fix a yashica 50 1.4 dx the other day. It had condensation on the inside of the front element. Very easy to take apart and put back together. I just can't seem to remove the top of the canon lens! it wont budge!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same lens with a T2 / PK mount and like it a lot, it was one of the first MF lenses I bought, without knowing anything about them at all. But it turned out to be a very respectable performer.

But they are common, so if the mount isn't right for you move along until the right one turns up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Not sure if it's an easy lens to open to get at the blades or not. The Soligor, being a zoom, will be more complex, it would probably cheaper in both cases to replace them with other lenses than pay a repairman to sort the apertures out.

This lens is actually a lot more simple than you'd think. Because this is a constant-aperture internal-zoom lens, the zoom group detaches from the rear group as a unit, revealing the diaphragm.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually able to get it working last night Smile I couldn't get the top piece off of the lens, but I kept trying to open and close it and finally after a few shakes and what not, the apeture blades are functioning again....for the most part.

I ended up doing the same thing with the Soligor zoom lens and it's working too Smile

Top that off with the Soligor 200mm 3.5 I paid $2.00 for and it was a great day! hahaha

Nino