Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 135mm f/2 Nikon F-Mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Soligor 135mm f/2 Nikon F-Mount Reply with quote

Hai,

Recently i got a clean copy of Soligor 135mm f/2, the seller was saying that its an F-mount or pre ai mount and he was not sure about the compatiablility with new DSLR's. Anyway better than damaging my camera, i tried the lens with my PN-11 extension tube and failed. So what is my option now to mount it to my D300? is there any adapter to mount it? Or do i have to send it for ai conversion?
Advice highly appreciated..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good lens as I know , worth to pay an AI conversion.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest downside of the lens is the weight. A good copy is, I suspect, as sharp as you will find any 135. I was testing a bunch of 135s at f/8 and the soligor beat them all.

Perhaps mellow contrast at f/2, but it is very sharp there also.

Without doubt the best value in very fast 135s Smile

Don't drop it--it's said the lens is fairly fragile, and despite tank-like build, does not suffer punishment well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The copy i got is a very clean one, seems the previous owner used it less than 10 times. The lens is mint like new with out any scratches, dust or fungus. Mount looks like its never used, the only problem i have is it will not mount on my D300. What is my option other than an AI conversion to mount it on the DSLR? Do i can buy some kinda adapter, which can do the things properly?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done properly, pay a professional to modify it. Then it won't mess up your lens or camera.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like it saturates well. My Canon 135 F2 L is not a heavy lens, so is why is the Soligor so heavy?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
It looks like it saturates well. My Canon 135 F2 L is not a heavy lens, so is why is the Soligor so heavy?

I think your canon is newer, for one thing--nFD if I'm not mistaken and a great lens.

The soligor is 831 grams---no tair, but a hunk nonetheless Smile

fro the price of the ai conversion you might find a nex body which can shoot it 1.5x with 20USD adapter, and lots of other exotics too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talk to one guy and he told it will cost USD35 only for the ai conversion, which is very fair i think.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can grab one at a honest price (lower than it sells on fleebay) and it is already modified to AI.
Has anybody got full res samples or crops?