Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

[sold] Revue 400SE rangefinder with superb lens from Minolta
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: [sold] Revue 400SE rangefinder with superb lens from Minolta Reply with quote

I'm selling this fixed lens rangefinder I don't use. It's in excellent condition and works great. The camera is the same as the Vivitar 35ES, they are just rebadged but have the same lens and everything. It's also the same as a Minolta hi-matic 7sII but without manual mode (the vivitar and the revue always use the light meter in time priority except for flash). They all share the same great lens, a 40mm f/1.7

The lenses are clean and clear and mechanically everything is smooth. It had a fault when I got it, the spring that keeps the diaphragm open was weak but I tightened it and haven't had a problem since. The light seals will need to be replaced eventually (it deteriorates easily with every use now), but there are no light leaks yet. It comes without lens cap, but with protective case and instruction booklet. It takes 1.35v (mercury, zinc-air or similar) batteries, but i've used it with 1.5v alkalines only and it has worked perectly.

edit:It's now on eBay: Click here to see on Ebay

If you're interested i'll post pics Wink thanks for looking

Last edited by naplam on Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:19 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobody?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revue not an eye catching I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at the core it is a Minolta/Mamiya product, with one of the best lenses among compact rangefinders.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevo wrote:
Well, at the core it is a Minolta/Mamiya product, with one of the best lenses among compact range finders.

People don't know it like Russian lenses , they read title only Leica, Contax...
due cheap Minolta MD lenses they don't care much.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

People don't know it like Russian lenses , they read title only Leica, Contax...
due cheap Minolta MD lenses they don't care much.

MD lenses are terribly underrated - many of them are excellent. But the accompanying camera series was the first to go when Minolta pitched its AF system entirely at consumers and left the battle for reputation to the others. Before they sank their boat with a series of stupid decisions, Minolta were quite at the top, especially with their optics - they were the Leitz OEM and received as much knowledge transfer from Leitz as Yashica from Zeiss, built the majority of early R system lenses and taught Leitz how to design zooms (Leica zooms were Minolta built or derived at least up into the late eighties).

Sevo

Last edited by Sevo on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have one fantastic MD lens 100mm f2 PF.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the comments guys Wink
It's now on ebay: Click here to see on Ebay