Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sold My Family Jewels
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Sold My Family Jewels Reply with quote

Today, I sold two of my most favorite and sacred "never sell" cameras- my beloved Rolleiflex SL-66 and my Rolleiflex 2.8C.
Both went for a good price to a cousin, but man, I needed a drink after that.

I changed my avatar as I don't wanna see any Rollei's until I'm out of tight financial straits.
Still have my Hassy though!

Happy Holidays guys!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, sorry to hear that. It hurts. Hope things get better soon in the new year.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish you better days for soon!
I hope use of the Hassy can comfort you a bit Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind, discover new ones Wink I bought try a couple of Rolleiflex including 2.8F , your Hassy do same job and some other for lot less also, discover them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward to better times, they'll surely ly ahead - and don't look back!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, thanks guys. Very good advice.

If I had no medium format at all, that would be bad. But I am loving the Hassy, so life is good.

I have my health, my wife and furry kids, lots to be grateful for.

Dog's ready to go to work with me, Cat, not so much!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will have another one day, I'm sure! Family comes first...furry or otherwise!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful kids, enjoy them and look bright side of life.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed, what beautiful furry kids you have!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish you a merry Christmas and certainly hope the New Year will be more prosperous for you and all that family.

patrickh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping thing improve for you, I haven't worked for over 18 months but luckily haven't had to sell any of my treasures due to belt tightening and other austerity measures.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've my sympathy, I've been in that situation myself. I sold my Flexilette, a couple of Exaktas (3 in fact including the RTL1000) a Metz hammerhead and my prized Sigma 135mm f1.8. Gutted about the lens, as a keen stage photographer it was perfect but I got a few quid for it in 1985