Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SOLD : Helios 40 - red N, serial number 005753 : M39->M42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: SOLD : Helios 40 - red N, serial number 005753 : M39->M42 Reply with quote

SOLD TO MEMBER SPLEENONE

Hi All,

My vitamin € levels are still not healthy enough to afford the new camera so this beauty has to go.

Comes with original caps, M39 -> M42 ring + original leather case and 3 color filters.

1. Front glass has a few tiny spots, one small cleaning mark and a very faint stain on the edge of the glass from inside just under the Logo which is only visible in some particular angles - it took me awhile to manage to get a picture of it. However, there is no impact on the image quality

2. Externally, in good condition with some signs of use

3. Focussing was stiff so I relubed the lens with Lithium based lubricant and is now smooth

4. Rear glass is flawless

5. Minimal dust inside

Minor details but I want the next owner to know everything about the lens.

€200 + shipping + paypal 3.5%

It's a heavy lens so I don't know the exact shipping rate : will get you the best deal based on your location. Of course, with a tracking number.

I'm looking for a quick sale so if there are no takers, i'll sink it to ebay tomorrow morning

Happy Shooting!
Hari

Last edited by Hari on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have same copy with more low serial number around 223 , fantastic lens, I did try all variants from this lens including black 40-2 at least 4-5 different copies and kept this one.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/russian_lens/Helios/helios_40_8_5cm_f1_5/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
is possible with this lens reach infinity? Where are you from? and what would cost shipping to Slovakia? and can I request some samples with this piece?
Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spleenone wrote:
Hi,
is possible with this lens reach infinity? Where are you from? and what would cost shipping to Slovakia? and can I request some samples with this piece?
Thank you.

Hi there!

Yes, the lens does reach infinity. Atleast on a Canon 350D.

I'm in Germany, will check the shipping cost to Slovakia tmrrw morning and get back to you.

Will take some sample shots and hang em here in awhile

Cheers,
Hari

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the test shots:

Canon 350D@1/250s@ISO400 - handheld, AWB, indoor lighting

I invented an acronoym - "USToC" - Uploaded STraight Out of the Camera

Laughing

It was pretty tough squeezing some decent shots out of the tiny 350D with this megalodon of a lens in front of it while on painkillers Shocked

This lens is capable of much more - this was a quick and dirty sample routine with soft lights inside the house

@f1.5 ->

@f2 ->

@f2.8 ->

@f4 ->

@f5.6 ->

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case, don't you (also) sell your summilux R 1,4/80mm Rolling Eyes ....?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
Just in case, don't you (also) sell your summilux R 1,4/80mm Rolling Eyes ....?

No my friend! The Summilux 80/1.4 is a keeper! Very Happy

And the Planar 85/1.4 Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hari I emailed you!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually mailed you a few times, my browser kept crashing!

sorry Sad) !

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have purchased four lenses from Hari. His descriptions were very accurate and packing was excellent. He is a straight up guy and a pleasure to do business with.

If I had the budget, I would buy the lens, but I have to keep my priorities in line, and hopefully ward off LBA. (Lens Buying Addiction) Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Von Lanken wrote:
I have purchased four lenses from Hari. His descriptions were very accurate and packing was excellent. He is a straight up guy and a pleasure to do business with.

If I had the budget, I would buy the lens, but I have to keep my priorities in line, and hopefully ward off LBA. (Lens Buying Addiction) Wink

Thanks Mark! Was a pleasure dealing with you! Very Happy

Wish you many nice photos with the lenses!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Von Lanken wrote:

I confirm (I bought one lens) and I'm in the same mood... I recommended the topic to a friend of mine, I don't have news...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ylyad wrote:
Mark Von Lanken wrote:

I confirm (I bought one lens) and I'm in the same mood... I recommended the topic to a friend of mine, I don't have news...

Thank you my friend! I'm happy that you're happy with the lens Very Happy

The H40 has been tentatively sold ... if member 'spleenone' doesn't take it, there are quite a few others interested ...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Shocked

Very good price I must say !

I saw one same copy in good condition with box n filter set , the price tag is $750 Singapore $ which is about 435 euro !! twice the amount !!

I wish I got the money now ! Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hari wrote:

Thank you my friend! I'm happy that you're happy with the lens Very Happy

The H40 has been tentatively sold ... if member 'spleenone' doesn't take it, there are quite a few others interested ...

Was a pleasure dealing with you, and the lens is great. Well, he does not have the money either, recommended to another one, no news but I don't think he'll take it anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Von Lanken wrote:

+1 I am another satisfied buyer.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hari is a very great man seriously.
I bought the camera lens on ebay very good.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your patience Hari Sad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all of you for your kind words Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, sorry man ... but hey, there will be a next time! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sniff Smile

now I have to grab a SUper Tak 85/1.9!