Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SOLD - Carl Zeiss Tessar 2.8/50
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: SOLD - Carl Zeiss Tessar 2.8/50 Reply with quote

This is a very nice lens, both to look at, but most importantly, to use.

This copy is in good all-round condition, with a tiny amount of dust inside and some marks on the front element which look like smudges but are difficult to remove (which suggests to me that they may be inside). They have no impact on images, as will be evident from the samples below (taken this evening).

Focus ring is really smooth, as is the aperture selection.

The lens is in M42 screw-mount and has been used on my Canon EOS 40D without any problem.

Looking at *Bay, the prices range from €95.00 to €298.00 as BIN items, but these prices seem a little crazy to me, and I'd like this lens to find another good home, preferably with a forum member.

Therefore, I am asking for €55.00 + €15.00 Shipping (Registered Post) + 3% PayPal. Please PM me with any queries or to express interest.

Thanks for looking Smile

Sample 1 :: f/2.8 @ 100ISO

Sample 2 :: f/8 @ 100ISO

Last edited by Mal1905 on Tue May 18, 2010 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: FS - Carl Zeiss Tessar 2.8/50 Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
This is a very nice lens, both to look at, but most importantly, to use.

This copy is in good all-round condition, with a tiny amount of dust inside and some marks on the front element which look like smudges but are difficult to remove (which suggests to me that they may be inside). They have no impact on images, as will be evident from the samples below (taken this evening).

Focus ring is really smooth, as is the aperture selection.

The lens is in M42 screw-mount and has been used on my Canon EOS 40D without any problem.

Looking at *Bay, the prices range from €95.00 to €298.00 as BIN items, but these prices seem a little crazy to me, and I'd like this lens to find another good home, preferably with a forum member.

Therefore, I am asking for €55.00 + €15.00 Shipping (Registered Post) + 3% PayPal. Please PM me with any queries or to express interest.

Thanks for looking Smile

Sample 1 :: f/2.8 @ 100ISO

Sample 2 :: f/8 @ 100ISO

I think this is a 'more difficult to find' version of the Tessar. I've seen many versions but seldom this one. I wouldn't call it rare though.

If I remember riight, this was the standard lens for the Zeiss Ikon/Icarex 35.

I have one of these but I havent really put it to use.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a very good price!
(I sold the $298 one)Laughing
Klaus

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens is now sold and will make its new home in the beautiful city of Bratislava - thanks Jozef Wink