Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Snow in Central Park / Delta100 / Bessa I Vaskar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Snow in Central Park / Delta100 / Bessa I Vaskar Reply with quote

From my vacation hike in Manhattan. Delta 100 developed in D76 undiluted.

The nice part about not using a meter is you don't have to figure out how to compensate for snow.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lot's of snow should a great fun on vacation. We had only for two days. Bessa I is a lovely camera I hope I can keep forever mine ideal for travel due small size with huge format.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good series. Sharp, well composed and perfect exposure (sunny 16?). D76/Delta 100 looks a good combo, how long did you soup it?

Cheers, Marty.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series good tonality, time less pics

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the way you have framed them and I am thinking B&W suits structures very well...#2 and #5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marty wrote:
Good series. Sharp, well composed and perfect exposure (sunny 16?). D76/Delta 100 looks a good combo, how long did you soup it?

Cheers, Marty.

Thanks everyone, it was a fun time. I have to finish the roll of 35mm Kodak Uber-chrome or whatever it is they call Ektachrome these days... oh yes, Elite Chrome... that I had in the Nikon the same time.

Had the Delta in D76 undiluted for the bog-standard 9 minutes. I'm all for simplicity in these things, I have a vague memory of having replenisher and a gallon jug of D76 when I first started, before I went on a search for acutance. Why, I don't even know, I used a half frame Pen FT back then.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here I thought you were shooting at some cocaine dealers in Central
Park...disappointed. Laughing All kidding aside, these do have an age old
timeless quality to them. I'm sure it has more than a little to do with the
photographer. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series. Hard to pick a best.

I wish I could guess the exposure so accurately. I've been out with a FED 2 and a hand-held meter and still not confident.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin - you said it: confidence, the Just Do It thing. I started out timid and for some reason had an unreasonable fear of over exposure. Still trying to figure that one out, what brought that on (auto exposure?)

My system is really simple - in the sun I'm sunny 16 or actually sunny 11 for color print film. Two stops down for open shade, two more for deeper shade. In between, something in between. The two stops thing was what would get me at first, it just seemed too much. If I have a meter with me, I meter a starting value and then do the +/- 2 stop thing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like yours photos... very linear...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you.

One more from the roll: