Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SMC Takumar 135/2.5 vs SMC Takumar 135/3.5 vs Preset Takumar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: SMC Takumar 135/2.5 vs SMC Takumar 135/3.5 vs Preset Takumar Reply with quote

A quick comparison between these three fantastic lenses.

The line-up, from left to right:
The highly regarded SMC Takumar 135/2.5 (the good version), the SMC Takumar 135/3.5 and the very old single-coated Preset Takumar 135/3.5. Look how small the Preset 135mm is: filter size is only 48mm!

A comparison:

Conclusion:
Differences are not too big @f/3.5 and @f/8. The preset Takumar displays some more noise @f/3.5: probably not caused by the lens, but by the manual flash light used. The SMC Takumar 135/2.5 is already very usefull wide open.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Conclusion:
Differences are not too big

That's a fact! You would be hard pushed to pick a winner from those three.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this comparitive test, good job. I have these 3 lenses too, but I mainly use the 135/2.5.(V2), which is really very good. Just one correction, my preset Takumar has a 46mm filter size.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quidam wrote:
Thanks for this comparitive test, good job. I have these 3 lenses too, but I mainly use the 135/2.5.(V2), which is really very good. Just one correction, my preset Takumar has a 46mm filter size.

My mistake, I guess it's 46mm indeed!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good comparison.

I notice more differences between tele lenses at infinity than closeup though.
But most actual photography with tele lenses is not at infinity, at least in my case.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a pre set 135 today, there's a tiny fungus on the back element ( I'll have that done later today ) but otherwise it's absolutely unmarked with original caps. I was very happy to pay £10 for it! Very Happy