Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Small farm, three lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Small farm, three lenses Reply with quote

Guys,

This weekend the sun showed his face after a week and a half behind dark clouds. So, time to get out and shoot!
I'll show you three photos, and will discuss after that the lessons i learned. The series was taken using a set of three different lens covering also 3 different frame sizes. The camera was the same in the series, a 5DMarkII.

1- Leica-R Summicron 2.0/50 + Leitz UVa Series VI filter:

PRO13-1846 por Renato Augusto Salles, no Flickr

The filter, in my hands, didn't brought me any color cast as long as i can see, but in the field it was very intrusive, more than i can expect - annoying, btw. I could corrrect it at LR4, as i used a 18% grey card, but i hate when things come out off planning.

2- Mir 1B 2.8/37 + cheap japanease CPL filter:

PRO13-1868_CFX por Renato Augusto Salles, no Flickr

This cheap filter was also generator for the very evident color cast, very annoying. I'll get one from B+W or other good brand to get rid of it ASAP.

I was very surprised by the fact of this lens, made to cover a 24x36 mm film area, shows so strong vignetting, making me loose about 15% of the image area, so strong it was. Even with a slim UV filter the lens has this weakness. But otherwise, is a very impressive lens. The image has some post-processing of curves in PS. I'm very sad by the vignetting effect of this lens 'cause i was planning to use with it a lens shade - wide angle model, as this lens has a very well known weakness with flare, so, it restricts the use for the lens to a boring situation where sun light behaves more as an old donkey than a wild horse Very Happy

3- Jupiter-9 85/2.0

PRO13-1873 por Renato Augusto Salles, no Flickr

This is right from the camera, with default processing of LR4, and a bit of curves in PS, but i can barely distinguish between the copy generated as jpeg and the raw file post-processed. I used only a UV 49mm filter. Perfect color rendition. I used a grey card, and clicking with the color pointer tool to it didn't change the image color. Excellent!

Another one with the Mir 1B. Nothing special, but wanted to show anyway:

PRO13-1884_SEFX por Renato Augusto Salles, no Flickr

Thanks for viewing and for comments if you wish - and sorry by my English - which i speak worst than i write,

Renato

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice warm colors, good atmosphere on pictures.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results from the MIR. I didn't expect much of this lens after some of the samples seen before.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I love these colors, nice warm , great pictures!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Pepes, Lena and Attila,

Renato