Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma SD15 and Sigma UC 4-5.6/28-105mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Sigma SD15 and Sigma UC 4-5.6/28-105mm Reply with quote

Hi,

got today a new Sigma SD15 which I will convert with a C/Y mount replacement kit from Sigmacumlaude to use this cam with my CZ Contax lenses. To become a little bit more familiar with the cam I bought today at my dear dealer a used Sigma lens UC 4-5.6/28-105mm for 15 €.
Below few images out of my wifes garden and 2 from our young 10 weeks old dog. I believe not too bad for this combo.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He, congrats Rolf with your new cam Very Happy ....These first samples looks indeed quite promising, nice colors especially with a cheapo sigma zoom lens Shocked ......Are these pictures jpg straight from the cam or with some PP???
Anyway, that's for sure a great idea if you can use it after mount conversion with your Contax lenses but I thought you had also a Canon cam witch allow you to use also the Contax lenses or not???and what about the nex7, you can also use Contax lenses on it, is the sigma SD15 a much better cam than the Nex 7 Question (except the fact that the Sigma is a DSL-R of course)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
He, congrats Rolf with your new cam Very Happy ....These first samples looks indeed quite promising, nice colors especially with a cheapo sigma zoom lens Shocked ......Are these pictures jpg straight from the cam or with some PP???
Anyway, that's for sure a great idea if you can use it after mount conversion with your Contax lenses but I thought you had also a Canon cam witch allow you to use also the Contax lenses or not???and what about the nex7, you can also use Contax lenses on it, is the sigma SD15 a much better cam than the Nex 7 Question (except the fact that the Sigma is a DSL-R of course)

Thanks Pascal. The pics were taken in RAW and converted with CS6 and my standard PP.

I can use the Contax with my Canon but the adapters are not easy to unclamp so I must buy few of these adapters. At the end only a little bit cheaper than the SD15 cam solution. Furthermore I don't like to work with longer and heavier lenses and the NEX-7, so I hope that the weight balance will be better with the SD15. And for 350 € new a cam which costs few month ago more than 1000 € is like an experiment. Laughing Laughing

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. and your doggy is lovely!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look forward result with your best lenses, congrats for your new cam!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful results .

Does the little one particularily loves the flowers ? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Klaus!

I think the idea to use the SD15 as your cam for Contax lenses is a very good one.
The Foveon sensor serves manual lenses very well.

BTW, that cheap Sigma zoom is really a surprisingly good lens, isn't it?
(I used to have two copies and either one was a jolly good lens.)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Congratulations, Klaus!

I think the idea to use the SD15 as your cam for Contax lenses is a very good one.
The Foveon sensor serves manual lenses very well.

BTW, that cheap Sigma zoom is really a surprisingly good lens, isn't it?
(I used to have two copies and either one was a jolly good lens.)

Thank you Heinz !

Whether it is a good idea or not i will see in 2 weeks when the replacement kit arrives. The cheap Sigma lens can be used from f8 with no problem. The AF is not very fast but for this price level a real bargain.

Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Sorry, Rolf.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Laughing

Sorry, Rolf.

No problem Carsten !

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing