Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma Mirror 8.0/600
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Sigma Mirror 8.0/600 Reply with quote

...just received my new Sigma 600 - got it in the "bay" for 150,-€ - and here you can see a first check - im really happy with the quality...

Nikon D2x (A-Mode/-0,67) - Sigma Mirror-Telephoto MC 8.0/600 - ISO 320 - f 8.0 - 1/350-1/640

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots. I owned one of these back in the 80s, and took some great shots with it. Only reason why I sold it is because I switched systems from Canon to Nikon. Shortly after that, I picked up a Tamron 300/2.8 and with a 2x had the same focal length at f/5.6.

One thing I found about it, which is generally typical of mirror optics from what I understand, is a rather pronounced hot spot. Here's a scan of a slide I took using a Canon F-1 with my Sigma 600 that shows the hot spot pretty clearly:

I find I still miss that old mirror, though, and have been thinking recently about picking up another one.

Did yours come with the case, hood, and drop-in filters?

Best,

Michael