Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:31 am    Post subject: Sigma lenses Reply with quote

Basilisk wrote:
Your best option is to get a mirrorless camera, rather than trying to fit odd lenses on an DSLR. There are mounts for all lenses as the lack of mirror leaves space for an adaptor of the correct size, and the focussing is probably easier with manual focus lenses (like the focus peaking you get on Sony NEX cameras)

Thanks for the advise but I have eos 5d(c) and my wallet is having hole like other photographers around the planet. In the future if mirror less gear falls in my budget new/used will pick.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yashica was AF shortly before the beloved Minolta 7000 AF.
There are rumours that Minolta actually 'acquired' that technology from Yashica (not necessarily inappropriately of course),
these rumors are irrelevant to us now,
in any case the mounts look VERY similar but are NOT compatible
(like the SigmaAF mount I guess)
and basically Yashica AF is exotic and rare now.

So your best bet COULD maybe be checking the price and selling it to some collector.