Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Should I buy? New stuff on market stall.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Should I buy? New stuff on market stall. Reply with quote

The guy on the market pointed out his new stuff today which included a Topcon Uni with what I originally thought was a 2/35 lens, but I guess I read the focal length the wrong way round as they are known to have come with a 2/53mm standard lens. There was also a Yashica M RF with the 1.9/45mm lens.

Is the Uni worth having as I really can't be arsed with mercury or weincell batteries?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it uses the old PX625 mercury battery you can use a PX625A alkaline. I have several cameras that use this battery and despite the voltage being out by -0.15v I get great results. Worth getting if you will use it.

Of course you could use a normal LR44 battery, I put a thin ring of blutak round the battery to pad it. You dont need these expensive adapters. I buy a card of batteries from the pound shop they are good enough for occasional use.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an Olympus 35SP today that uses the old mercury 625 battery , so I've packed a LR44 ( same volts ) in the camera with a tiny bit of soft foam around the outside and a bit of kitchen foil to make up the thickness, and it's working just fine.