Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Shots of Madrid
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Shots of Madrid Reply with quote

These are some shots of Madrid I made while testing my Yashica and some films. I hope you like them Smile

All except one were made with the CZ planar 1,7/50
click for bigger versions

Kodak Gold 100, under-exposed

Yashica ML 50/1,9 Kodak gold 100

Kodak gold 100, under-exposed. right photo desaturated

Now several with Provia 100F:

Now, the under-exposed Kodak gold 100 roll again. Notice the colors, saturation and grain.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, nice shots!

Are these taken with the yashica FX-70?
#1, #7 and #11 are my favs.
Nice sharpness and colours.
Excellent saturation.
The CZJ Planar is my most loved lens Smile

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jes Smile yes, I used the Yashica FX-70 for all the shots. And #2 was made with your Yashica ML 50/1,9 lens.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

naplam wrote:
Thank you Jes Smile yes, I used the Yashica FX-70 for all the shots. And #2 was made with your Yashica ML 50/1,9 lens.

How did you fix it?. I've been able of making mine work when in the "X" position, but not in Auto neither in "B" positions...
Is there any secret trick?. Should I abandon all hope? Wink

BTW, I love the lens, the ML 50/1,9 is very nice.
Only the Canon light metering trends to overexpose when using it, but once known, I can compensate it easily...
Without compensation works very well on cloudy days.
A keeper lens, for sure!.

Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice vivid colors!Great captures!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
How did you fix it?. I've been able of making mine work when in the "X" position, but not in Auto neither in "B" positions...
Is there any secret trick?. Should I abandon all hope? Wink

Auto and X always worked on mine. B i haven't tried but i suppose it'll work too. I had to cut the mirror though, it was too big (probably replaced) and collided with any lens except the smaller ones. I like the metering on this camera a lot, it's totally predictable center-weighed. Maybe if you open up the camera and have a look at the circuits... it's weird that X works but B doesn't, as neither mode uses the metering, maybe it's just dirt/rust in the switch or whatever. I'm glad you like the ML Wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are really nice.