Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sears 55/1.4 - Ricoh ? Tomioka ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Sears 55/1.4 - Ricoh ? Tomioka ? Reply with quote

I have just received my latest aquisition, an Auto-Sears 55/1.4. I am also waiting on a Komura 135/3.5 .Cheap lens GAS is still strong !

The Sears lens matches the style of the rest of the Auto Sears lenses I have been collecting, but I understand that there were several manufacturers of normal, "kit" lenses for the Sears-branded cameras. This one looks rather like a Ricoh, based on what I have seen around. If so it is probably a perfect match for the Ricoh SLR that member F16Sunshine gave me. Other Sears-branded cameras within the time-frame included Mamiyas and Chinons.

I understand that some of the Auto-Sears lenses were made by Tomioka; does anyone know of a way to ID those ?

And who made Ricoh lenses ? Ricoh ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis, most probably, Tomioka. I have a thread in the back pages about
this very lens, will see if I can find it.

OK, here's the thread, unfortunately the lens pics are no longer kept on
my photobucket account:

http://forum.mflenses.com/auto-sears-55-1-4-tomioka-pic-t3383.html

Great little lens!

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Luis
I second Bill on this one. The Sear 55 1.4 is near identical in appearance to my Yashinon of the same FL. Also the same barrel and trim as the f1.2 version. You have a very nice new lens on your hands. Check out Maxims shots of the Mamiya 55 1.4. I think you will find similar performance. BTW I got a sears 50 2.8 non macro in m42. Do you know this one? It is odd in that it has a center stop on aperture ring for 2.8. if you turn it to the right the aperture is manual the left auto. I can send a photo if you like. It is not something I have seen before.

Andy