Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sears 135mm f2.8 Surprise
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Sears 135mm f2.8 Surprise Reply with quote

I just started with M42 lenses last month but had been using MD/MC Minolta lenses in my Sony A700 since last year. My primary manual lens need is on flowers.

Thanks for all the tips in here as I start to gather some "cheap/usable" M42 lenses. I got this Sears 135mm f2.8 from a set (Sears body+50mm f2.8+other accessories). The 50mm f2.8 was a dud but the 135mm f2.8 was a surprise. Some test shots last week in between rains. Will see if good weather will confirm initial surprise. Hand held and jpg. Cropped and some PP. Shots from my front yard swaying Lavender.

cheers,
gil

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one indeed, I have a newest edition , that is perform very well also.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just won such Sears lens. 2.8/135. Before I got 1.4/55 under Sears brand and this is for sure Rikenon - very good lens, possible made by Tomioka. Any ways I am waiting for 135 Sears and I expect also quality of photos above average.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice shots! Presume that's a Tokina made lens, I have one like that I'll probably sell soon. Great find!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one i used with my K1000. Did a very good job. Nice lavender and bees.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the pícs!

The lens is very high contrast to be single coated.

It reminds me the mamiya 2,8/135 that I have. Mine not as contrast.

Rino.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! What a creamy bokeh!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all. As a M42 starter, I've only got a lead on this sort of very usable cheap lenses from the experience and tips published here. More power to those in continuous adventure for searching manual lenses. I follow your leads.
cheers,
gil