Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Seagull VS Rolleiflex T
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Seagull VS Rolleiflex T Reply with quote

I got to try before sell these cameras from friend of mine , exciting comparation isn't it Laughing

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What lens does the Seagull have? I'm guessing a triplet of moderate quality.

Be interesting to hear how the experiences of using the two differ, the Seagull might be more pleasant to use. Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried either one, so I'm interested!!

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I advance I think Rollei will be superb awesome sharp , detailed, must have from a Carl Zeiss Tessar lens.
Seagull my guess will be acceptable like a 35mm film scan even if medium format.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I used them same time. I tell only Seagull experience , due everybody no Rolleiflex is excellent.
Loading , bottom closing solution , better than most Yashica or early Rollei. Finder is nice clear. Pleasant to use it.
Counter not works well on my camera shows half positions after 6 frame, focusing reach infinity at 3m Sad
Shutter is deadly accurate. Overall I am impressed errors I think fixable.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that is sort of good news. I would guess that the lens would be fair to good, but I doubt excellent.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Well that is sort of good news. I would guess that the lens would be fair to good, but I doubt excellent.

Me too.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

many years ago -I think in 1979 or even earlier- a well-known italian photo magazine ("Fotografare") published a test of three economic TLRs: the Soviet Lubitel and two chinese ones: the "Pearl River" and the "Seagull". The third one is the camera that gave the best results.

In the past years, I've had one and used it for a while: of course, the mechanisms weren't as smooth as in a Rolleiflex/Rolleicord, but the results were all of a very good or even very fine quality.

I've given it to a friend of mine and I've been told that he still uses it satisfactorily.

With a Seagull, there is at least, no fear of having it stolen!

E.L.

Last edited by Elmar Lang on Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few Seagulls on ebay most of the time, I was surprised to see they attract quite a few bids and go for quite high prices - 40-50ukp. For that money I could have a Yashica TLR.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
There are a few Seagulls on ebay most of the time, I was surprised to see they attract quite a few bids and go for quite high prices - 40-50ukp. For that money I could have a Yashica TLR.

Shooting comfort is better with Seagull than Yashica at least I like it better

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is good to know Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw topic subject "Seagull VS Rolleiflex T" I thought "Attila has new bird!" Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
When I saw topic subject "Seagull VS Rolleiflex T" I thought "Attila has new bird!" Laughing

Laughing I have one love she is not allow to get another bird we are a couple for a life Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/seagull-tlr-fomapan-100-fomadon-lqn-t54245.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Yashica A a completely manual TLR, that works really well, Yashica Mat 124G coupled meter, crank wind, takes 120*12 and 220*24. Both are superior to the seagull that I had, it worked quite well and gave quite good pictures, the winding mechanism always was harsh, film handling was poor, did tear a film sometimes!! of the three it had the best viewfinder screen. I still lust for a Rolieflex 2.8 G or F planar I'll only say it once, because it makes me dribble! The Yashica TLR's were always better finished than their Chinese counterparts

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MTHall wrote:
I still lust for a Rolieflex 2.8 G or F planar I'll only say it once, because it makes me dribble!

Laughing Laughing Dribbling and drooling is hazardous when using a TLR, therefore I avoid the Rolleis...