Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider Retina Xenon
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Schneider Retina Xenon Reply with quote

Just came across this and wondering if this is a Retina DKL mount or a rangefinder front element? Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKL.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ian. Just curious as what they are worth nowadays? Are they good value for £80?

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what they are worth, but you have to consider the cost of a DKL adapter, those are not cheap.

For 80ukp here are other 50mm lenses I'd go for ahead of this, a Pancolar or Biotar from CZJ or a Rollei Planar, depends on the camera it had to fit and what other 50s I already had.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very special 50mm and yes it is usually expensive.
DKL adapters are not that expensive any more most ot the cheap ones on ebay are 18 GBP with free shipping

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's special about it?

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It renders very beautifully - look at flickr for samples.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers. The Xenon is one lens I've never seen many results from.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ian and Stefan. I did see a few examples here and on flickr that look quite good. It has a swirly bokeh apparently. The only thing is that I've already got 6 50mm and 2 55mm lenses, so I guess I have to start selling first!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a lovely lens, and the results are somewhat different from the usual run of 6-element lenses. Probably because of the constricted space for the read group.

I sold one @three years ago for about $50, current prices are certainly higher.