Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider-Kreuznach TV-Proclar 1.2/135
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some head scratching and consultation of my parts bin I have managed to fashion an ingenious mount for the lens minus the mount, I have a feeling it will work fine without that rear element.

The epoxy is hardening on my crude mount, I'll try it out tomorrow and post some samples. I have a feeling there is going to be some wierd renderings from this lens, dof will be tiny and bokeh strange, although I might be in for a pleasant surprise and it's just a very big Sonnar-type 135mm???

P.S. the mount is flexible so I can use it as a tilt/shift lens, the image circle is bound to be pretty big.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, initial tests are disappointing, can't get anything approaching a sharp image from it, looks like that rear element may be necessary...