Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider-Kreuznach "obscurante"
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Schneider-Kreuznach "obscurante" Reply with quote

Some more of life's little mysteries.

Probably fairly well known that Schneider Kreuznach made a Tele-Arton 85mm f4.0 for Kodak Retina cameras, and also a very similar 90mm f4.0 for some obscure reason. A sort of next year's model with a little bit more power perhaps?

What I also have discovered is that they made a 50mm f1.9 with 52mm filter thread and also another with 60mm filter thread. One of life's little mysteries. Perhaps changing the tail fins made an interesting new model for next year?

Much the same with the metal bell shaped Tele-Xenars and the alternative identically specified black-ended ones - I can understand that as pure marketing. Or is one shape better than the other?

Any more Kodak Retina lens oddities (other than the DKL mount system itself) - lets forget the earlier "C" class "half-lens" mount.

There are sure to be more oddities that I have yet to discover.

Tom