Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider-Kreuznach Cinelux-Ultra 75 mm f/2 projection lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Schneider-Kreuznach Cinelux-Ultra 75 mm f/2 projection lens Reply with quote

On a whim I bought a cheap S-K Cinelux-Ultra 75 mm f/2 lens without knowing how to use it. I knew it was for 35 mm projectors, so I thought, that infinity might be possible even with my Nikon body.

New Schneider-Kreuznach lenses are expensive so I thought that this probably isn´t any cheap plastic lens.
Cinelux-Ultra- lenses are 6-element double Gauss lens designs.

The lens is without iris or any means of focusing. I tried to mount it with a Nikon K2 extension ring (5,0 mm), but it focused past infinity. With K2 and 10 mm K4 rings, a 52 to 58 mm step-up ring it focuses to about 2 metres.

It seems that the lens-to-film-plane distance is about 57- 59 mm, because at least 11-12 mm extension is needed to get infinity. I have to find out a means to build a focusing slide tube or something.

The lens mount on my D700.

Samples, no PP, just converted to JPG and resized.

Not much CA to be seen.

100 % crop.

With PK-13 (27,5 mm) extension ring. Focuses to about 40 cm.

Maybe I should test it as a portrait lens.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice rendering - should be good portrait lens. BTW. It looks cool also Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it much, thank you for sharing it, congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Macro Teleconverter (not Panagor) could probably work. I use these for my tinkering as focusing helicoid.
I have some Isco/Schneider projection lenses, but not all modified up to now.
A smaller Som Berthitoh lens work well with such a macro teleconverter.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:
A Macro Teleconverter (not Panagor) could probably work. I use these for my tinkering as focusing helicoid.
I have some Isco/Schneider projection lenses, but not all modified up to now.
A smaller Som Berthitoh lens work well with such a macro teleconverter.

Thank You Markus, I´ll also check how thin focusing helicoids are available.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, i never seen something like this before.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely rendering, I was thinking it would be great for portraits, but someone already mentioned that.

You could use the helical from an old lens, I have a broken helios with the optical block removed. I glued an M42 female ring inside and now I make a lens mount with an M42 end to screw it onto the helical and it focuses just fine on my Nikon with an M42 adapter. I have adapted 3 lenses and they all use the same helical.

I use M42 as the screws are easy to obtain (teleconverters, extension tubes, t-mounts, broken Zenits etc.