Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Scanning Fuji slides
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Scanning Fuji slides Reply with quote

I have recently got hold of a Nikon slide scanner and I've been having fun scanning a load of old Kodachrome slides and seeing photos I haven't seen for over 20 years...!

With the Kodachrome slides it is easy to tell which side to scan as they typed 'view this side' on the slide mount.

I'm not so familiar with the Fuji slides - they are mounted in plastic with one side black and the other white.
Which side should I be viewing...?

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

White. On two-colour frames, dark is projection side, light is the projector side, provided that they were framed by a lab. But many old slides were mounted at home by someone who did not know the rules.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sevo - these were professionally mounted so they should be fine.

I found a 5X loupe so I could view them in more detail and the emulsion side is easy to see now Smile