Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Saturday's walk outside
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Saturday's walk outside Reply with quote

All of them with Yashica ML 28mm 2.8 mounted in 400D.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice colours Smile No 2 almost feel futuristic...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 is like a set from 'Metropolis'. Cool

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice ones!
Way to put that little ML28 to work Cool

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the first two. Have you introduced the colour in No. 2 or is that the way it is?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a fantastic cheap little lens Very Happy I'm really surprised. Before I bought it, I had heard that Yashica ML lens were very interesting, and I found this one for little price and I gave it a try. The results are very impressive and I really like it's construction and look (very like Zeiss for C/Y).

About the 2nd photo. It's in the (probably) most important train station here in Portugal, Lisbon. It was designed by the architect Santiago Calatrava on it's very own way. It's a wonderfull place for some photos for me Smile

Thank you for your pleasant comments.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
I really like the first two. Have you introduced the colour in No. 2 or is that the way it is?

Yes No. 2 has some yellows and blues introduced by me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lens and some very interesting shots. I am uncertain about the green hue of the first ones - I thought the WB was off! Embarassed Embarassed

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Nice lens and some very interesting shots. I am uncertain about the green hue of the first ones - I thought the WB was off! Embarassed Embarassed

patrickh

That's becaus some edition I made (like to play with tones in my photos.. Embarassed )

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like cross processed Provia.
I like it in the 3rd shot.
Sometimes these effects can be a bit of a gimmick.
Here it works pretty well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice series, Rodrigo...
You work well the wide angles, I've been visiting your Peleng pictures and they are really nice!

Thanks for sharing!.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jesito. In fact i really think I prefer wide angle than teles. That's why I'm considering selling some of my tele lenses but not decided which one yet.. Confused

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodrigo wrote:
Thank you Jesito. In fact i really think I prefer wide angle than teles. That's why I'm considering selling some of my tele lenses but not decided which one yet.. Confused

I also feel more comfortable with wide angles than with teles. My favourites are the Tamron 24mm and the Flekto 35mm. 50mm lenses are my "teles".

However, in some circunstances, a 135 or a 200 tele may be necessary. I wouldn't recommend you to get rid of all the teles....
Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way I'm gonna get rid of all of them.. I like them a lot too, and I'm really considering keeping the 2 Sonnars... Embarassed

How is that Tamron? I'm looking for a wider lens than the Yashica but they aren't cheap at all.... Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shots do have a film look to them. Nice.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodrigo wrote:
No way I'm gonna get rid of all of them.. I like them a lot too, and I'm really considering keeping the 2 Sonnars... Embarassed

How is that Tamron? I'm looking for a wider lens than the Yashica but they aren't cheap at all.... Crying or Very sad

The Tammy is quite good, let me take some samples and post it for you to see... (If you are not in a hurry!!).

Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Rodrigo wrote:

The Tammy is quite good, let me take some samples and post it for you to see... (If you are not in a hurry!!).

Jes.

Not at all Smile