Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Santa with Industar 50-2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: Santa with Industar 50-2 Reply with quote

This was taken with the Industar 50-2 russian pancake lens on Nikon 60 body with lens adapter with glass....waiting for the one without. Then I was going to compare the 2.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A simple way, if you want to compare with and without glass, is just to remove the glass from the adapter (it was at least possible with mine without damaged the adapter)....
I have tried several adapters with glass and without glass and my experience (as many of Nikon users) was that the results with glass are quite bad especially when the lens is used wide open. Above that, the glass makes the focussing more difficult (get front/back focus) so I am always interesting to get feedbacks from other M42/Nikon users Wink ....
I'm still looking for someone who could modified/adapted some of my M42 lenses in order to get infinity without glass but unfortunately, I've not yet found it.....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich900 wrote:
A simple way, if you want to compare with and without glass, is just to remove the glass from the adapter (it was at least possible with mine without damaged the adapter)....
I have tried several adapters with glass and without glass and my experience (as many of Nikon users) was that the results with glass are quite bad especially when the lens is used wide open. Above that, the glass makes the focussing more difficult (get front/back focus) so I am always interesting to get feedbacks from other M42/Nikon users Wink ....
I'm still looking for someone who could modified/adapted some of my M42 lenses in order to get infinity without glass but unfortunately, I've not yet found it.....

Best and most economical way , buy a used , more compatible body for these lenses. Micro 4/3, Olympus 4/3 , Canon EOS all are cheap really if quiet old.

Pascal, I have a technician who is able to convert M42 lens successfully to Nikon. He did make conversion Tair 300mm f4.5 from Canon FD to Nikon I think most Russian works , but I am unsure. I heard Jupiter-9, Pentacon 135mm f2.8 are works. If you interesting about it let me know and I give you his access in pm. He is in Hungary , so you need to count postal service cost too in both way to your country. Labor fee is depend from your request. He did conversion to me around 20-30 EUR.

Also you can contact to our member Trifox, Stan offer mount conversion on several lenses.