Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung EX1 - Colour
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Samsung EX1 - Colour Reply with quote

Here are some samples of this Samsung's compact camera shooting raw with a schneider kreuznach f1.8 lens.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty nice in web size

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wouldn't have told us is a compact camera, I would think on a MF lens test Wink

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on my to-buy list for this christmas, I love it. I's the best RAW compact shooter on the market. Try 800 ISO in RAW, it's amazing for a small sensor.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Attila and Jes. Smile

Jesito wrote:
If you wouldn't have told us is a compact camera, I would think on a MF lens test Wink

It's a top compliment for this camera ! Very Happy

Ludoo, it's a 1/1.7" Type CCD, so not the smallest size. That's why I chose it too because I wanted to keep some bokeh abilities, even if it's not comparable to FF reflex.
I bought it also for its lens which is an equivalent of a 24-72mm f:1.8-2.4.
It has very good "macro" abilities.
Its tilting screen is also very useful and a pleasure to use (amoled).
Video is not HD.
Definitely a very good cam and its price lowerd a lot.

dpreview here : http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/samsungtl500/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Definitely a very good cam and its price lowerd a lot.

Yes, it's the best RAW compact shooter on the market, if you are not interested in video.

Price has risen lately, a couple of months ago it was 265€ new on amazon it or de, now it's 310€. It's strange that Samsung has not announced an updated version, they have a jewel in their hands but as usual they are doing nothing to improve on it, or keep their customers happy.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
Price has risen lately, a couple of months ago it was 265€ new on amazon it or de, now it's 310€.

Shocked You're right. I got it at the right time...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one too at last, second hand from ebay UK, but still pretty expensive. Prices for this camera won't go down, it costs more than an E-P1 with kit lens. :O

So far I'm loving it, very easy to shoot at low shutter speeds, great IQ at 80 ISO, useable images at 800 ISO. I also found out an old battered Leica II leather case is about the right size for it. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Ludoo. Some samples, please ! Very Happy

I like its rotating screen. It's so easy to shoot in special angles with it.
From this last sunday :

B&W version :

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive results from a compact.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of quick shots from my recently acquired EX-1, the first one outside my parent's house on the Lake Maggiore, the others in the village while waiting for my gf to buy groceries. All in-camera jpg wide open @80 ISO, neutral setting, with slight contrast/color/sharpness adjustments in Samsung RAW converter, which works on jpg too.

Bokeh test at 80mm equivalent fl

35mm equivalent fl

24mm equivalent fl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three more images, all at ISO 80 24mm fl, with a polarizer, straight out of camera jpeg with sharpening only. I'm using the default picture style with in-camera RGB correction of -1 green, which compensates for the slight green cast typical of Samsung WB (I had the same cast on the NX10).

I never thought it possible, but I am really liking having a 24mm equivalent lens. I almost never use the zoom on the ex-1.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ludoo, impressive results.

Thank you for the -1RGB tip. Very Happy