Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

S-M-C Takumar 135/3.5, some quick shots in San Francisco
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: S-M-C Takumar 135/3.5, some quick shots in San Francisco Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm on a trip in San Francisco right now, and had bought a Tak 135/3.5 on ebay.com which I picked up here. These are some snapshots I took when I got it, light was pretty low already (images taken around 8pm or so).

I didn't have too much time to find great locations, so just went for a few samples to allow me to see how the lens does. Anyway... I like it so far.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great colours.
I prefer 1, 5 and 6.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to do there, what a place Very Happy

I like the boots shot the best although if the opening shot was sharper then that'd have been my No.1 but all in all they are all real nice Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile

yeah, I definitely love this place on earth - and I am fortunate enough to come here a few times every year!

#1 was intentionally left out of focus - I tried it "sharp", too, but that felt less interesting too me. The blurriness and softness kind of caught the atmosphere of the fading light better for me.

My favorite is the shoes shot.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took the baby out for another walk tonight... here are some new shots with it:

even though it makes it a little blurry, I like the glow around the lamps in the next shot:

a little more (sun)light would have made these standpipes even nicer:

thanks for lighting this plant:

it was a little windy, so almost impossible to capture them very sharp. this is the best I got:

There are a couple more shots in my flickr stream - check http://www.flickr.com/photos/kaotisch/tags/takumar135mm/ for all those taken with the S-M-C Tak.