Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Russian PhotoJournanism
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 10:29 pm    Post subject: Russian PhotoJournanism Reply with quote

This was posted on FM:
https://kosmofoto.com/2021/03/life-as-a-1990s-russian-newspaper-photographer-shooting-on-a-zenit-e/

Remember English is not his first language.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a lot of Zenits, still have a B and a 3M. I managed to sell about 10 assorted Zenits and a couple of Praktica as a job lot a while back, I was actually trying to give the damn things away. ( considering the price I got, it was a virtual gift ! )

I have used the B, once, and that was enough.

I have nothing but admiration for 'Technical & Optical Equipment' the London importers, they sold millions of the things.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! for sharing!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great read. What an experience. Thank you for sharing this!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Like 1

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Russian PhotoJournanism Reply with quote

Slalom wrote:
This was posted on FM:
https://kosmofoto.com/2021/03/life-as-a-1990s-russian-newspaper-photographer-shooting-on-a-zenit-e/

Excellent find and read . The SLR bodies may have been clunky but I love my Helios and Industar lenses .

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Russian PhotoJournanism Reply with quote

Slalom wrote:
This was posted on FM:

Nice read and excellent photos. I myself always like thses kinds of photos better than those in photo award contests.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 small Like 1 Thanks for sharing

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Russian PhotoJournanism Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:

Nice read and excellent photos. I myself always like thses kinds of photos better than those in photo award contests.

Absolutely.

S

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. Makes you appreciate even more our (my) easy lives.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zamo wrote:
Excellent. Makes you appreciate even more our (my) easy lives.

Yes. My first (real) camera (which I still have) is the OM-1. Purchased from a friend and Air Force vet, who bought it in the PX at some air base in the early 1970's. I bought it from him for 175 dollars about 1977. Which was a lot for me at the time but he needed the money, and I wanted a good camera. It was a fantastic design. I have in my E-bay purchases on occasion gotten East German cameras that were huge heavy and clunky devices by comparison. I have not had any Russian cameras though. I do have some late Soviet era mirror lenses. Rubinars, and they are pretty darn good.