Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Russian best of the bests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Russian best of the bests Reply with quote

From all format my latest selections.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, I recognise the Zorki 4 but what are the other two?

No Kiev?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like KIEV best from 35mm, Zorki 4 has larger viewfinder more compatible mount with digital cameras , reason why Zorki 4 is here.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the left - Mockba V ("Moscow", capital of USSR - copy of Zeiss Super Ikonta)
On the right Iskpa ("Spark", inspired by Agfa Isollette camera)
In the middle - Zorkij 4, evolution of russian copy of Leica camera (FED/Zorkij I)
And Leningrad lightmeter.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Petr!

I expect you are from Russia , nice to see you here and thank you for labeling!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for description Petr, i thought one on right was Iskra, didn't know other one.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Thanks for description Petr, i thought one on right was Iskra, didn't know other one.

Oh on left side is Moskba-2 not Moskba-5.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What ever they are called they all look beautiful.Nice collection Attila. Cool

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is Mockba 2, the one that look like german Super Ikonta. V have slightly different rangefinder (I was not looking at the rangefinder, sorry). Lens is a copy of german lens too, with a little luck it can be similar quality.

There should be frame for 6x6 format inside (camera is 6x9), I have bought few Mockba cameras for parts and only one come with 6x6 frame.

As for Leningrad lightmeter - there is Leningrad camera too, it is M39 rangefinder with automatic film advance (clockwork).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

petr22 wrote:
Yes, it is Mockba 2, the one that look like german Super Ikonta. V have slightly different rangefinder (I was not looking at the rangefinder, sorry). Lens is a copy of german lens too, with a little luck it can be similar quality.

There should be frame for 6x6 format inside (camera is 6x9), I have bought few Mockba cameras for parts and only one come with 6x6 frame.

As for Leningrad lightmeter - there is Leningrad camera too, it is M39 rangefinder with automatic film advance (clockwork).

That Jupiter-3 looks mint! Superb collection. Does you leningrad-2 lightmeter work ? It`s becoming extremely hard to find one in a working and accurate condition. I have a Leningrad- 1 ( sadly the selenium meter is dead ,however it looks 100% mint) , Leningrad 4 ( working) and a very early predecessor "Optek". If anyone will be interested I`ll try to post some pictures Smile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leningrad-2 works, but not accurate.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice collection.

petr22 wrote:

I was promised the 6x6 insert for my Moscow 5 but am still waiting for it to arrive! Sad

K.