Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ROW (Carl Zeiss Jena) Visionar f1.9 141mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers. So too big sadly. I already have a superb 2.8/100 in a Compur #1 which work well.I am not interested in fast lenses for the dof or the bokeh, but because faster lenses me a a brighter easier to focus ground glass and I often have to work in poor light where slower lenses make for a very hard to see image on the glass.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that my Visionar has the Rollei lens'es parts. Look at the Rollei lens'es rubber components. On Ebay there are a few lenses with similar rubbers.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very impressive shots indeed ! great lens.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan_ wrote:
JohnBar wrote:
The cheapest solution and one which I will adopt is to cut some steel shim 100 micron using a compass and sharpie to create thin apertures which fit in the recess (dia 37mm) and darken them with felt pen.

That's not so much different of what I said I'll do Smile
The dia 37 mm. back opening of the front group is threaded(37/0.5). I'll make(lathe) some brass openings to screw in it (1.5 mm. thickness) and I'll blacken them with gun brass blackening solution.

Jhon, if you test the apertures please let me know witch one you think that gives the best sharpeness/DOF/bockeh /CA compromise for portrait and witch for close up.

I agree, it proves we are on the same page. I choose steel shim to easy drop in the iris and remove with a magnet Smile

Yes I will let you know my findings, but first I am removing fungus carefully to avoid damaging the beautiful gold coating.
My lens is more disassembled than this shot suggests...

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20141/big_5754_IMG_4901_1.jpg]
[/url]

it was very considerate for the VEB to split the lens at this position

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's how German engineers work - they think things through Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my past life I has dealings with Siemens and Blohm & Voss and I found the engineers were always in meetings Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
That's how German engineers work - they think things through Wink

yes, legendary.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeiss, Leitz, Schott,... well, I'm proud of them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

And you should be!
Zeiss is the only company name that entered in the common language. In Romanian, when an object is well made or an action ends perfectly we say "este Zeiss!"(it's Zeiss!) meaning that is perfectly done and everyone should be satisfied Very Happy .

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
So too big sadly.

Cheers Ian. Not only too big but, as it's made for 35 mm. movie projection, I doubt it will cover the medium format.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Dan, I feel honored! Embarassed

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

Cars, optics , dogs you have many legends... only woman fashion is weak part Laughing , seriously.
Germany has still best reputation at all area of life where need precise work, but women can be wear terrible clothes, shoes, glasses.

Last edited by Attila on Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I cannot more than agree, easter women dress much better and much more feminine,
but I better stop before my American wife has some serious talk with me Wink

And no, France + Italy is way better when it comes to food and cooking Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...
I have to say that I very much appreciated german women when I went in Köln in the 80's. Tall and beautiful, especially when dark haired and blue eyed. Smile

About inventions, industry, optics, I think french "ingénieurs" were quite good too. Don't you agree Klaus ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very slippery slope so I actually regret now that I went there...

Every country has its good and bad, there are amazing things to find
and I always like to travel and experience new, different lifestyles and
cultures. Science + art and whatnot more. One should not judge, just
enjoy the best of them all....right?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right, Klaus. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A find for the tinkerers... (very old, but still nicely functioning. I think it was for regulating brightness w/o yellowing the outcome)

It is snap-on for the projection lens front, unfortunately only to max. 54mm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I've never seen one like this before.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@dan

The bore behind the 3rd glass is chamfered. Its 38mm on the outside face and 36.5 on the inside face and has no thread, what you see are concentric baffle rings not threads.

I just picked up this for making custom irises
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350979027821?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

a very useful tool for perfect round irises.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnBar wrote:
@dan

The bore behind the 3rd glass is chamfered. Its 38mm on the outside face and 36.5 on the inside face and has no thread, what you see are concentric baffle rings not threads.

I just picked up this for making custom irises
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350979027821?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

a very useful tool for perfect round irises.

I actually screwed a 37 to 42 step up adapter ring in it and that's why I was sure it is threaded. But, as the thread was looking like 0,5 mm stepped, less then the one on the step-up ring, I didn't forced it all the way. Smile
Thanks, I'll check it again more carefully. I might follow your way of adapting.

Yes, it's a nice tools set, thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan_ wrote:
I actually screwed a 37 to 42 step up adapter ring in it and that's why I was sure it is threaded.

Have a look, it can even sustain the weight of the front lens group.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is good news for your method.

Mine is chamfered as described earlier