Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rokkor 250mm Mirror lens - SHARP!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Rokkor 250mm Mirror lens - SHARP!! Reply with quote

http://www.mu-43.com/f54/e-p2-250-5-6-rokkor-mirror-lens-9586/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of teh best in that focal lengths indeed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp , but fingerprint of a mirror lens is still there. In this focal length plenty of sharp lens available I never understood why these short mirror lenses are so popular.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great IQ and sometimes the mirror bokeh is interesting but the prices these lenses fetch is crazy, if they cost the same or a bit more than conventional equivalents they would make more sense as an interesting and quirky alternative but when they out-price normal lenses by a factor of 4 or more I don't see the point!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a very nice lens indeed and I do have a lot of fun with it.
And sharp it is. There are rumors about a remake.
The reason why it is so popular is that it is small and looks just a little bigger then a 50mm standard lens.
Ideal for candid streetwork whereby you don't have to point a long gun in somebodys direction.
And you get charming donuts for free.
Michiel

Here is an example

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice example , thank you for sharing it!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A remake of the 250 would be great but what are the chances of it being reasonably priced?

There are also rumours that Panasonic are going to release a mirror lens with AF and IS!

It sounds great but it will also probably be prohibitively expensive!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Attila! Smile

I was lucky to obtain mine for little money €70,- but it had no hood, a loose ring inside an a little fungus. But I had it completly repaired for another € 90,- and bought a little longer hood for it.
By the way I don't think it has to be much more expensive then these Rokkors go for these days. Around € 600,-
It looks like they are a little easyer to produce.
No aperture mecanism etc.

Michiel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sculptur wrote:
Thank you Attila! Smile

I was lucky to obtain mine for little money €70,- but it had no hood, a loose ring inside an a little fungus. But I had it completly repaired for another € 90,- and bought a little longer hood for it.
By the way I don't think it has to be much more expensive then these Rokkors go for these days. Around € 600,-
It looks like they are a little easyer to produce.
No aperture mecanism etc.

Michiel

Nice story , for this sum I am envy Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember seeing a candid portrait by kelly (member on this forum) using this lens where the mirror bokeh actually looked great and complemented the portrait nicely.

as others mention, it's the size that keeps this lens so attractive. i would love a 250/5.6 that was sharp easily pocketable. i would welcome a remake.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: remember the rear filter Reply with quote

small, handy & ideal as the long alternative for MFT. Lack of sunshade can be remedied, but if buying, do not forget that it was designed for a rear filter to be in the lightpath (clear or ND).

p.