Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rodenstock Omegaron 4.5/90mm meets fly
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Rodenstock Omegaron 4.5/90mm meets fly Reply with quote

First attemt with a Rodenstock Omegaron 4.5/90mm enlarger lens. The lens was adaptered to a stack of extension rings and the sum of that was mounted on my Olympus E-330. The aperture was closed to F-8.
I used a small amount of flashlight trying to bring some crisp on the scene.

Focussing is a rather painfull process, maybe i can improve it by using a LED light.

The results however look promising after a slight PP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, Toeteraar!

I use the same lens on bellows on the same cam Wink

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesito wrote:
Well done, Toeteraar!

I use the same lens on bellows on the same cam Wink

Regards.
Jes.

Thanks Jes.

I tried it on a small bellows but found my hands full of rails and knobs en things moving when they were not supposed to move, so for the enlarging lenses, i gave up the flexibility of the bellows for the stability of extension rings.
I'm hoping for a summer with lots of insects because i have some ten different enlarging lenses waiting to be used for macro, it's lots of fun for a minimal price Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, especially for a 'first attempt'!!

I understand the complexity issue. It took me a while to figure out how to get my Rodenstock Rodagon 75mm and my Nikon bellows to play nice with my Nikon D700, but the end result was worth it. I've not tried using the Rodagon with extension rings, though I may have to.

Looking forward to some summer insect pix from you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few enlarger lenses, with a bellows with m39 lens mount & M camera mount which is then adapted to my Nex-7.
So I'll be having fun this summer too.