Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Revival of the Summarit !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Revival of the Summarit ! Reply with quote

After it had sat in my dry cabinet for some times and got no sale here, I decided to make it work. Initial trial and error experimentation leads to macro lens set up but now it developed into using the lens itself and focusing at a distance of 1m plus. The trick ? Removing one piece of the glass in the rear group. Here are some photos taken

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Summarit Reply with quote

Well - ! Top marks for dedication, perseverance and "making a silk purse out of a sow's ear". These images look a bit like those I get from a Colorplan projection lens - dreamy, to say the least!

What's the longest focus distance you can now get with it?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The initial setup

2x TC - extension tubes - lower part of lens - extension tubes - front part of the lens

The current simplified setup

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Summarit Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
Well - ! Top marks for dedication, perseverance and "making a silk purse out of a sow's ear". These images look a bit like those I get from a Colorplan projection lens - dreamy, to say the least!

What's the longest focus distance you can now get with it?

Thanks ! Very Happy

Erm ... it can at the best 1.5m , no infinity Embarassed

Oh I forgot to mention, you have to focus by moving yourself plus the camera and stop down by using those paper aperture ring cut out I made based on someone suggestion here.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After my friend, Nicole, suggested about the corrector lens found in Nikon adaptor for M42 screwmount, I decided to give it a try. I got an un-used Nikon to M42 adaptor lying around after my D70 sold. Initial few trys were not satisfactory. Then I decided to dismantle the lens itself and removed the scratched rear most glass. As this lens missing the helicoid and mount, the M42 extension tubes (black colour) act as the holder for the lens and also the mount to connect to my camera body.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Summarit Reply with quote

Krisgage wrote:

Oh I forgot to mention, you have to focus by moving yourself plus the camera and stop down by using those paper aperture ring cut out I made based on someone suggestion here.

You deserve a Major Prize for dedication - wonderful, and absolutely crazy!