Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Repair of an old CZJ Flektogon 2.8/35mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Repair of an old CZJ Flektogon 2.8/35mm Reply with quote

I have bought a beautiful, but terribly battered and abused old Flektogon 35mm lens for the M42 mount (looks like this version: http://forums.steves-digicams.com/attachments/pentax-lenses/136086d1239784794-carl-zeiss-jena-flektogon-35-f2-8-flek-2.jpg). As it is, it is barely usable, and on the top of the mechanical damage it suffered, it looks that the lenses are dirty on the inside, or even there is a fungus growing in them. I would like to dismantle it and do my best at trying to bring it into shape, however, I have no idea even where to start (there are no screws visible on the outside). Has anyone experience with that?

--
January W.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Repair of an old CZJ Flektogon 2.8/35mm Reply with quote

january-w wrote:
I have bought a beautiful, but terribly battered and abused old Flektogon 35mm lens for the M42 mount (looks like this version: http://forums.steves-digicams.com/attachments/pentax-lenses/136086d1239784794-carl-zeiss-jena-flektogon-35-f2-8-flek-2.jpg). As it is, it is barely usable, and on the top of the mechanical damage it suffered, it looks that the lenses are dirty on the inside, or even there is a fungus growing in them. I would like to dismantle it and do my best at trying to bring it into shape, however, I have no idea even where to start (there are no screws visible on the outside). Has anyone experience with that?

--
January W.

Welcome!

Take a research about general lens assemble /disassemble and apply on your lens , you need spanner wrench , rubber gum to remove front ring plate and once removed you will see retain rings what you can take off with spanner wrench.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Repair of an old CZJ Flektogon 2.8/35mm Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Take a research about general lens assemble /disassemble and apply on your lens , you need spanner wrench, rubber gum to remove front ring plate and once removed you will see retain rings what you can take off with spanner wrench.

Thanks! I managed to open the back cover by simply unscrewing it; it just was, how to you say, hard to unscrew because of dirt and age.

Kind regards, j.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

firs buy spanner wrench key
read about cleaning fungus
buy good liquid for cleaning lens and microfiber cloth
medicine gasoline to clean old grease
synthetic liquid-grease teflon base for re-lubing

and you are ready to Go!