Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remember this recent acquisition: Roeschlein Kreuznach 90mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject: Remember this recent acquisition: Roeschlein Kreuznach 90mm Reply with quote

Remember I posted an image of this lens when it arrived ex-Ebay a couple of weeks ago with a pleae for information?

Well, my EBay 39mm-42mm helicoil adapter arrived and I've been able to put the lens to use. When focussed at over about 12 feet/4 metres it certainly fouls the mirror of both EOS 1D (1.3x) and 5D (ff) so it's a lens for close work, portraits possibly.

Anyway, here are one or two early results. shan't be selling any other lenses to make room for it in my bag just yet but we'll see how it goes:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting lens, and the first results don't look bad. Pity that the lens hits the mirror. Have you find out for what camera the lens has been made?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Interesting lens, and the first results don't look bad. Pity that the lens hits the mirror. Have you find out for what camera the lens has been made?

Er, no I haven't even thought about that. Maybe I'll google it later today.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tikkathree - I didn't see your earlier post but, although it's hard to be certain, it looks like one of the lenses made for the Paxette family back in the later 1950s. Leica screw fit but not the same register - rather longer because the Paxettes had blade shutters which added depth to the lens mounting.

The Paxette lenses came from different makers in various levels of cost and quality - Roeschlein were at the lower end of the scale. I had a Paxette Im with their Pointar 45mm f2.8 three-element lens in 1957 and it was quite good. I still have some negs knocking about somewhere.

How does it manage to hit the mirror when it's on the adapter? Just being curious as I'm not familiar with such devices!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:

How does it manage to hit the mirror when it's on the adapter? Just being curious as I'm not familiar with such devices!

Hi,

Thanks for the information regarding the origins of these lenses which will possibly interest others more than me.

I suspected it was a cheaper quality lens but buying lenses "just because" seems quite legitimate at this forum.

The adapter is simply a threaded spacer to occupy the gap between the M39 diameter lens and the M42 threaded adapter to my Canon so it doesn't so much move the position of the lens in/out as hold it in place.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1st pic looks ok. 2nd is average at best and the last looks as though it's behind glass?