Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Recomend me a Minolta AF Film camera please
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Recomend me a Minolta AF Film camera please Reply with quote

I have decided to buy a Minolta AF film camera, after re-using my original x300 with film recently and falling in love with film again, so i thought i have such nice glass already for the Sony camera that I wanted to go full frame.
But what AF camera should i go for
Needs to be cheap Under £50
I was thinking something like the 7000i as there seems to be hundreds about very cheap.
What would be your recomendation.
I will be using the following
Minolta 100-200, Minolta 70-210 F4, Minolat 35-70, Minolta 100mm Macro F2.8, Minolta 35-105, Minolta 28-85, and the Minolta 50mm F1.7.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably any camera from the 5, 7 or 9 line will do, depending on condition. Newer ones will be more expensive and especially any one from the 9 series. I have a Minolta AF body from the 3 series (don't remember the exact name right now) which I got for free but I don't like it. It doesn't have all manual mode (just P, S, A and scene modes) and no exposure compensation, so it's basically just an oversized all automatic point&shoot. If you want manual control, then stay away from 3xxx models.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Dynax 500i body that is doing nothing and probably only needs a new battery. I got in exchange for a bottle of wine and found it would be too much for me to buy AF lenses for it. Send me a pm if it would fit your needs.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have positive experience with 7000i and 7xi, both rather big but nice to handle, and with Dynax 60, smaller and light weight.
I believe 600Si is a very nice camera too (not yet had in my hands). Just purchased a Dynax 3L last week in a shrift store (€ 1,50, kitlens 28-80 included Very Happy Very Happy ), but that is a P&S.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a 5000i, 7000i and two 7000's. I like the 7000 and the 7000i ( I haven't used the 5000i ) and I got them all at the Wolverhampton camera fair for next to nothing except for one 7000 that came in a bag of stuff. The other three I bought with no batteries and untested for £5, they are all in very good condition and work fine. That's a fiver for all three !
The next camera fair is on Sunday 7th October, so it might be worth the petrol money ?

http://wolverhamptoncamerafair.co.uk/

both the 7000 and the i are good, old school cameras. They're big and fit nicely in the hand, the contrlols are easy enough to use and figure out, they use AA batteries, the 7000 has a add on grip for three more ( I think ) which also make it better to grip. The AF is good and accurate and the motor drives will eat film ! Wink
The biggest problem is the rubber grips get soggy and sticky and they turn grey, difficult to see on ebay sometimes. And there is a fairly common fault with the 7000 AF drive, you can get the parts on ebay though.

The 7000 makes a Zenit look lightweight and flimsy, the 7000i is marginally lighter. Great cameras though, I don't use mine nearly enough.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found one 7000 sofar (for little money}.
Seemed to wokl properly. I had some batteries in my pocket to try Very Happy
But playing with at home the shutter did trip, but didn't open; both curtains went as one unit up and down. No picture making possible.
No idea if it can be easily repaired.