Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Re Topcor 2.8/35 vs. Konica Hexanon 2.8/35 - surprise
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Well said.

I agree, shooting a landscape wide open would be a matter of last resort.

And artistic choice.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
tb_a wrote:

To the best of my knowledge I don't have a single lens with fastest aperture of F2.8 or faster which wouldn't increase it's quality when stopped down, not even rather expensive APO ones which would at least deliver acceptable quality wide open.

It depends on what you are doing. I am usually being paid for my images which means i must deliver e. g. 100 images for a book with a given budget. Of course i can, carefzlly and with tripod, take the images - some with good light, some with boring light, one or two with excellent light. That's what most average professionals do.

I prefer to shoot as much images in excellent light. Last time i was in Rome for two weeks (november, best time of the year) i had three days with completely clear air. During these three days, i had 1-2 hours per day where the light was beautifiul (late afternoon, early evening). And during these very few hours i took most of the images to be published. I was working very quickly, on different locations all over the city.

And i can tell you that any of my clients prefers those f2.8 (or whatever) images when they are printed Wink. For them (!) the increase in quality between f4 and f8 is negligeable if i use the best lenses available. But i would loose many saleable images if i would work slowly, with tripod and/or too heavy equippment.

OK, that's a valid argument. Well understood.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, this development leads nowhere, it started with some excellent lens tests
and no end up as excuse my french "p... contest".

*** thread is closed ***