Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rayqual adapter - rotational play looseness ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject: Rayqual adapter - rotational play looseness ? Reply with quote

I got my premium Rayqual CFD-FX yesterday with high hope.
I was disappointed .... there's some rotational play/looseness on the body mount side.
I was expecting snug fit like Fujinon native lens on FX cam.
Is this normal or did I get a unit with issue ?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fairly limited experience with adapters suggests that quality control is frequently poor. I have really cheap adapters that fit nice and tight on the camera body and others that are really loose. What I've yet to find is one where both the lens seats tightly AND the adapter fits firmly on the body. I have other mid-priced adapters that have exactly the same behaviour but I've yet to buy one of the really expensive ones.

I am now thinking about buying a Voigtlander-brand adapter for Leica M. The UK importer assures me that it will fit properly and - equally importantly - it will give me accurate infinity register. None of my adapters do that. It's an expensive item, especially from the official UK importer, but I'm tired of sloppy and unsatisfactory one. If I had a Fuji X, I'd be looking to see if Fuji do the adapter you need.

My guess is that brands source their products from whatever maker offers the best price when they are buying stock. I have some adapters from the same supplier that clearly were made to different designs. Or, perhaps, there are inferior 'counterfeit' copies of branded items - I've seen eBay listings for Metabones Leica M adapters whose pictures show quite different products.

Good luck getting what you need!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cheapo versions I have exhibit this in some instances. Especially the 'M' mount ones. I've attempted a fix by using electricians tape over the joins where play is present and it seems to work ok.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly, I'd expect (for premium priced adapter) snug fit like any native lesn would fit on the body. BTW - those premium brand will have explanation like ultimate precision, ultimate quality, perfect fit .... etc etc etc which suggest best fit
My CFD-FX Rayqual certainly is only as good as any cheap China adapter which typically will have some rotational looseness.
Maybe I got a lemon copy ....

I have some good luck with cheapo China adapter ... 2 of my many M42-FX adapter have perfect fit !