Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rating system
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
This system will evolve into something very useful.
With little time to browse it's nice to be able to see what others think useful.
Razz

Thank you ! You did get it what I thought about it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let see what it will give.

At the moment we have the sticky topics and a very useful tool with the sponsors links at the bottom of the page (for instance leica-r.info).

Speaking about those links, how do you implement them ?
It would be nice to have a Tamron link. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Let see what it will give.

At the moment we have the sticky topics and a very useful tool with the sponsors links at the bottom of the page (for instance leica-r.info).

Speaking about those links, how do you implement them ?
It would be nice to have a Tamron link. Wink

Thank you for remind me about missing Tamron.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

You're welcome Attila.

But how do you do that ?
When we click on, for instance, soligor.info, we have a list of topics concerning them. It's great and it was the 1st time I saw that on a forum.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Attila wrote:

You're welcome Attila.

But how do you do that ?
When we click on, for instance, soligor.info, we have a list of topics concerning them. It's great and it was the 1st time I saw that on a forum.

I made a little program what is select relevant information from from database and get back filtered result on link.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Olivier wrote:
Attila wrote:

You're welcome Attila.

But how do you do that ?

I made a little program what is select relevant information from from database and get back filtered result on link.

That's a great idea !
It works fine and it is very useful.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Attila wrote:
Olivier wrote:
Attila wrote:

You're welcome Attila.

But how do you do that ?

That's a great idea !
It works fine and it is very useful.

I never knew this until I read this thread. Quite a few surprises still hidden waiting for me to discover. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do we rate the the whole thread?...is it on the first post only or any post in that thread....I have in mind the spotmatic technical thread and just want to make sure that I will rate it most effectively...thanks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please correct if wrong, only individual posts can be rated.

I agree "no rate" might be understood by more people changed to "rate this post" or "rate it". To me no rate means 'do not rate' before true meaning 'not rated yet, click to rate this post' is learned.

Search rated posts in individual forums or the whole board with the "latest ratings search form"

EDIT: Okay I see the dilemma -- the "No Rate" text in link on posts is also used as text in the pop-up rating window, for the third choice of no rating.

Last edited by visualopsins on Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sichko wrote:
Sevo wrote:
In my experience forum rating systems usually reflect social relations aned posting frequency much more than content quality - nice or lovable prolific posters with no particular competence will usually be among the top rated, while a rarely visiting expert with profound scientific input might get a low or even negative (where possible) rating for contradicting some less well informed, but very popular regular.

I agree completely.

I agree also this is why I won't be participating in a rating system. Too many variables.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to rate your post (highest rating) but it wouldn't let me do it, Jules.
You're tops in my book, anyway! Wink Smile