Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rangefinder lenses as macros
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Rangefinder lenses as macros Reply with quote

I made a quick test with my Leica Elmar-C 4/90 on an macro-focusing helicoid adapter on my NEX and was very impressed by the close-up/macro IQ and wanted to share the results.
Here's and example (F5.6, straight OOC JPEG, no sharpening or other pp).

23% of original size crop

NEX-NEX tubes are dirt cheap.
Looks better than many native macro lenses imho.
Did you get similar good results with other RF lenses+extension?

Last edited by ForenSeil on Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:46 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inspired by this post, I went out in search for some bugs with my Voigtländer Apo Lanthar 90/3.5 and the Hawk's helicoid adapter. I didn't find any bugs, and it was dull and raining a bit so I had to settle for a flower in my garden. This is the closest I could get.

Some post processing in Aperture. The focus point is on one of the water drops hanging from one of the flowers. Taken with Sony NEX-5N RAW at f8 ISO 400. You need to click twice on the picture to get max resolution and impression of sharpness.

Edit: I just realised that this wasn't an example of what you meant. I'll try a combination of helicoid and cropping when I find the time. Btw, you butterfly picture is beautiful!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, I should buy one of those too Very Happy