Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rangefinder frenzy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Rangefinder frenzy Reply with quote

Well, last week, I got a little too much enthusiastic and bought 4 rangefinders Confused

At first, I managed to partly fix my Zorki, I now have the fast speeds working and a first roll confirmed that the exposure was spot on ... but also that I needed to recalibre the RF. Done last evening, seems to be ok.

I then won on the Bay a Petri 7s, a Yashica Minister D (need to find a battery for it), a Canonet 28 (still waiting for it) and, last but not least, a Yashica 35 GSN, all in very good shape.

The 35 GSN needed to have the light seals replaced. I also built a custom battery holder for it (inspired by Jesito). Time to try it on the field !

Oh, I also got an Olympus 35 Trip and a Fujica Compact 35, but they are not really rangefinder, so that doesn't count Wink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Rangefinder frenzy Reply with quote

Jieffe wrote:
Well, last week, I got a little too much enthusiastic and bought 4 rangefinders Confused

At first, I managed to partly fix my Zorki, I now have the fast speeds working and a first roll confirmed that the exposure was spot on ... but also that I needed to recalibre the RF. Done last evening, seems to be ok.

I then won on the Bay a Petri 7s, a Yashica Minister D (need to find a battery for it), a Canonet 28 (still waiting for it) and, last but not least, a Yashica 35 GSN, all in very good shape.

The 35 GSN needed to have the light seals replaced. I also built a custom battery holder for it (inspired by Jesito). Time to try it on the field !

Oh, I also got an Olympus 35 Trip and a Fujica Compact 35, but they are not really rangefinder, so that doesn't count Wink

I got two minister D and a Canonet 28 as well, so I'll have to face the battery problem for these some day Wink
Congrats for these acquisitions, all of them are fine cameras.

Jes